Monday, October 1, 2012

WE'VE COME THIS FAR BY FAITH

We sang a traditional Gospel song this past Sunday called "We've Come This Far By Faith" to close out our service - and it has been stuck in my head all day today !!! Seri Murdock helped to lead the song & taught it to all of the part singers in our morning rehearsal before the service started and I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SONG !!!  Singing this song definitely makes me excited to explore more traditional gospel music and introduce it to our congregation :)  After looking up this song online I think there are additional lyrics, but we sang the chorus and the main verse so that's a start ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as I do !!!

"For we live by faith, not by sight"
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV)

LISTEN BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:

WE'VE COME THIS FAR BY FAITH
Albert A. Goodson

We've come this far by faith
Leaning on the Lord
Trusting in his holy word
He never failed me yet
Woah, Woah, Woah
Can't turn around
We've come this far by faith

No comments:

Post a Comment