Sunday, October 28, 2012

HEAL MY SOUL


VERSE 1
 E
Jesus you are
C#m
Able to
       A                  F#m      A  B
Bind up the brokenhearted people

CHORUS
A            E
Heal my soul
C#m        B
Make me whole
A         E
Fill my heart
                B        E
With your love again

VERSE 2
Jesus you can
Heal my heart and
Cure every disease and sickness

VERSE 3
Jesus you have
Taken all my
Guilt and sin upon your body

Hey all !

I wrote this song last week and it fit really well with today's sermon "Rx for the Soul" as a part of our SOUL WARS series.  Much of this song was inspired by my personal bible study.  I've been reading through the early part of Jesus' ministry in my chronological bible and it talks a lot about how he went around healing & curing diseases - for example, Matthew 9:35:

"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, 
teaching in their synagogues, 
preaching the good news of the kingdom 
and healing every disease and sickness."

I've always loved Jesus' encounter in Matthew 8 with the man with leprosy who says to Jesus, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean" and Jesus' response of "I am willing".  After reading passages like this, I couldn't help but praise God for his power to heal us both on the outside and the inside.  I believe that God wants us to be healed emotionally & spiritually - whether from our past and the sin that we have committed and how it still can hurt us or people who have hurt us - whatever the case may be, I believe God wants us to be healed so that we can move on from the past and be free to enjoy "life to the full" in his loving arms.  The last verse of the song is especially meant to remind us that Jesus is the source of the healing that comes from God.  Only through Christ do we have healing and rehabilitation.  Isaiah 53:4-5 says:

"Surely he took up our infirmities
    and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,    
smitten by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,    
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,    
and by his wounds we are healed."

Its amazing to me how Christ's PHYSICAL wounds have brought us SPIRITUAL healing !!! Only the I AM, the Almighty, the Everlasting God could come up with such an amazing plan of salvation ! Praise Him !

1 comment:

  1. I love how you compose this song. It's very inspirational. Especially that you're inspired because of God. It's really good to see some people who writes and compose a song like this. Praise to God ! Thanks to this!
    Vigrx Plus

    ReplyDelete