Sunday, October 23, 2011

"REMEMBER HYMN" - WELCOME !!!

My name is Ross Lippencott and I am a Youth & Family Minister as well as a Worship Leader with the NJ Region of the New York City Church of Christ.  

THE GOAL of this blog is to provide worship leaders, singers, and musicians with resources to take back to their respective ministries and use to help encourage our brothers and sisters and worship our GREAT and AWESOME God through song !!!

AT FIRST I wanted to simply post songs, lyrics, chords, MP3's, videos, etc. ... However after thinking about it more I have decided that I would like to use this blog as a creative outlet to get some of my thoughts down - an outlet to document this journey that I have set out on... I can only imagine how fun it will be 10 years from now to look back and read some of these posts and to see what I was thinking at the time and to remember what I was learning ... Over the last 6 years I have gone from hating Christian music to loving Christian music and from making fun of Christian lyrics to writing Christian songs.  Before I made Jesus Lord, Christianity was corny - especially those contemporary Christian songs. When Christian songs came on the radio I would change the station ... So I guess my point in saying all that is that in the last 6 years ... well ... a lot has changed.  I have changed.  And 6 years from now I hope I will have changed some more :) And through this blog hopefully I will have some documentation of my journey...

If there's one thing I have learned, it is that WORSHIP is not just something we do on Sunday mornings when we come to church - WORSHIP is  a MINDSET and a LIFESTYLE.  As a Christian, my goal is to worship God in everything that I do ... its not just about the songs that I sing or the music I play ... It is about who I am, and who God is - My relationship with Him.  And that is why I want this blog to be more than just me posting music...

I was trying to think of a good name for the blog (very tough thing to do) and I was praying and meditating on what name would really communicate the message of my blog and what I am all about and I thought about how God constantly calls us in his word to remember him and not to forget his law and the amazing things he has done ... and so I came up with "REMEMBER HYMN":

REMEMBER: To recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory

HYMN: A song or ode in praise or honor of God

Besides the fact that it is a play on words, I love the idea of this being a blog that helps me as well as others to remember Him through song !  This is really why we sing in the first place - Is so that we can remember Him - who he is and how much he loves us and cares for us !!! It is my hope and prayer that this blog helps me and many others to remember Him !

So... Hey ! Welcome to my blog.... "REMEMBER HYMN" !!!
- Ross

"Do this in remembrance of me"
- 1 CORINTHIANS 11:24

No comments:

Post a Comment